Sales - Trees/Shrubs/Perennials
Sales - Tree/Shrubs/Perennials - Lockwood's Garden Center
Company: Lockwood’s Garden Center
4484 Clark Street
Hamburg, New York 14075
Contact: Marcia Totaro, Office Manager
Position: Sales - Tree/Shrubs/Perennials
Responsibilities for this Employee:
• Provides excellent sales and customer service to tree/shrub/perennial customers both in person and over the phone. Includes assessing location needs, design preferences, sun/shade requirements, soil type for proper selection of plant materials. Suggests soil amendments, fertilizers, tools, other products where appropriate
• Receives tree/shrub/perennial orders by checking plants against order confirmation, placing the price tags on plants, receiving the order on the Counterpoint system and following up with the Tree Shrub & Perennial Department on damages/quality issues
• Oversees inventory on hand, restocks retail selling areas, merchandises display areas to spotlight blooming, new, or high inventory plants
• Complete daily tasks for retail tree/shrub/perennial operations, including but not limited to watering, weeding, cutting back/pruning, repotting, and display
• Greets customers, listening to customer questions and concerns, assisting customers with plant, hard goods, and general retail sales
• Assisting Retail Manager in administrative tasks as needed
• Able to lift 40 - 50 lbs.
• Ability to frequently move about the garden center over an 8 – 10-hour period
• Ability to be on your feet for majority of work shift
• Willingness to work outside or in greenhouses in wet, cold, or hot weather
• Ability to use scissors and or pruners to trim plants
• Position Available starting March 2022
• Part-time or Full-time hours will be considered
• Weekend and evening hours particularly in the peak season (May - July)
• Wages – Hourly rate is determined based on experience. Opportunity for overtime pay exists.
• Send resume to contact email. See above.