PLANT WNY Member Benefits
- Advance your knowledge through our annual Trade Show & Education Conference, tours, speakers, NYSNLA Leadership Conference and live webinars.
- Exhibitor discount for the Trade Show & Education Conference and Plantasia (WNY’s premier garden and landscape show.)
- New York State Certified Nursery and Landscape Professional (CNLP) certification. CLNP designation is a high-level industry achievement, recognized by the gardening public as well.
- Exclusive discounts on insurance, advertising (see below for the details), web services and more.
- Membership meetings, golf outings, Leaf a Legacy and special events held though out the year provide opportunity to network, socialize and give back to your community.
We have partnered with the following PLANT WNY member firms, Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com, Buffalo Spree Magazine and The Upstate Gardener’s Journal to bring you a co-op advertising member benefit:
Receive a 10% discount on an ad when you use the PLANT WNY logo and/or the CNLP Logo. Save up to 20% if you use both* stipulations apply.
This is a first come/first served opportunity! We have set aside limited funds with each advertiser for this program.
- You must be a member in good standing
- You must employ CNLP’s (including yourself) to use the CNLP logo
- The adverting reps will assist you with the details of the logo placement, etc. Please contact them directly for more information or to place your ad. Each is a little different regarding layout, pricing, etc. so please look at the pdfs.
-Click on the logos below to view each advertising opportunity
About NYSNLA Membership
Thank you for your interest in the New York State Nursery and Landscape Association (NYSNLA), a statewide association dedicated to advancing the interests of green industry professionals.
NYSNLA started in the early 20th century, representing fruit growers and mail-order nurseries in Western New York. As similar organizations were created and their influence grew throughout the state, the regions merged in an effort to discuss and fight for mutual issues. Today, the Association represents over 700 green industry professional.
Membership in NYSNLA provides you with the most up‐to‐date educational programs; networking opportunities; our industry magazine Nursery Lines; an interactive calendar of statewide industry events on www.nysnla.com, and listing in our searchable online directory, allowing potential customers to find you and your specialization.
There are two membership applications Active/Associate Membership and Afflicate/Student Membership:
1) ACTIVE/ASSOCIATE MEMBER - Do you derive a substainal part of your yearly revenue through the green industry? Are you a supplier to the green industry? Then this application is for you!
2) AFFILIATE/STUDENT MEMBER - Are you an individual who does not own or work for a NYSNLA member business? (including educators, retirees, office holders and CNLPs) then this application is for you. You may join the state Association as Affiliate Members. Highschool and college students enrolled in a green or horticulture-related program may join as Student Members. Affiliate and Student Members enjoy all the member benefits listed above but are not eligible to serve on the NYSNLA Board of Directors or to vote.
Apply on-line! Click here to be directed to NYSNLA
"In over 35 years of membership I have continually been impressed with all the advantages membership in the Association has been able to give the group"
-Dave McIntyre, Unilock, Inc.
"PLANT WNY is a very well run and healthy professional organization. My involvement has yielded friends, business, leadership skills, recognition and many rich experiences."
-Neil Stern, Gernatt Asphalt Products, Inc.
"I joined as a member to become a CNLP. I think it would benefit me and my company, Busy Beaver Lawn & Garden, to gain Knowledge and exposure. Also to expand my network."
-Elizabeth Bonadona, New Member
"To network employment"
-Richard Nella, NCCC student
"To associate with fellow Nurserymen and obtain new ideas"
-Skip Murray, Murray Bros